Milsa, UAB is a company, founded by D. Makulavičius in 1991, straight away after regaining the independence. The company began crushed dolomite export to Germany during the same year. In 1995 Milsa, UAB started trading in technological equipment for the production of mineral materials. In the same year, during the privatization process, the company acquired a controlling stake in Granitinė skalda, UAB, a year later, in Klovainių skalda, AB and in 2003, in Granitas, UAB. Within the period from 2005 to 2016, Milsa, UAB was managing the granite quarry and crushed rock factory OOO Selishche Granite Quarry in Ukraine.
Today the company is one of the largest producers and suppliers of crushed granite and dolomite in Lithuania. The main activity of the company is wholesale trade of crushed granite and dolomite. Milsa Group consists of Milsa, UAB, Klovainių skalda, AB, Granitas, UAB and Granitinė skalda, UAB.
Milsa, UAB participates in the activities of the Lithuanian Roads Association, Construction Industry Association, and technical committees of the Lithuanian Standards Board. Milsa, UAB together with other road construction material companies (Granitas, UAB, Granitinė skalda, UAB, Klovainių skalda, AB) have established Milsa ir Ko Association Aggregates Producers.
Milsa, UAB follows principles based on transparent and tolerant business practices, a safe, clean and environmentally friendly environment. Standards of quality and activity are implemented in the company's daily operations. On the constant basis, the company contributes to the improvement of the social environment and fosters employee awareness.
The company distinguishes itself by the following features characteristic of socially responsible companies:
- Transparency (compliance with laws, "clean money", no "backdoor salary");
- Socially just and clear pay principles, understandable for all employees;
- Attention to safety and health and working conditions of the employees;
- Continuous improvement of the mental health climate at work;
- Compliance with ethical and moral standards at work, no tolerance for any form of discrimination;
- Employee empowerment and engagement: execution of employee ideas and suggestions;
- Organization of employee leisure time, promotion of healthy lifestyle and communication improvement.
By implementing the measures mentioned above, we believe in the development of a sustainable business, which cares about our customers, employees and the environment.